MTV Orders Another Season of 'The Challenge,' 'Real World'
The network greenlights more cycles of the long-running, Bunim/Murray-produced reality franchises.
MTV has ordered another helping of The Real World and The Challenge, a competition show starring ex-Real Worlders from seasons past.
The network announced Friday that it's picked up a 28th season of The Real World, and a 23rd installment of The Challenge. Meanwhile, The Real World: St. Thomas (No. 27 in the franchise) is now filming in the Caribbean; previous editions in Las Vegas and San Diego resulted in the show's best season average and highest-rated premiere, respectively.
As for The Challenge, MTV mixed things up this past season with "Battle of the Exes," pitting former lovers against each other in a series of physical and emotional tests. The new spin produced the highest ratings in seven seasons, attracting an average weekly audience of nearly 2 million viewers.
The Challenge: Battle of the Exes Reunion Special is slated to air April 4 at 10 p.m. ET.
Both franchises are creations of Bunim/Murray Productions. Jonathan Murray, Scott Freeman and Justin Booth are executive producers for The Challenge, while MTV's Jacquelyn French leads production on the network side. French also oversees The Real World, on which Murray and Jim Johnston of the production company serves as exec producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR