MTV sets premiere for 'Hard Times'
Single-camera, scripted comedy to debut June 6
MTV is giving its push into scripted television a strong launch, scheduling the premiere of "The Hard Times of RJ Berger," the network's first single-camera comedy and the first scripted series order under the current revamping of the MTV brand, after the MTV Movie Awards.
"Hard Times" will debut June 6 at 11 p.m., following the award show. It will then move to its regular Monday 10 p.m. slot on June 14.
The coming-of-age comedy, which has drawn parallels to HBO's "Hung," follows the awkward life of RJ Berger (Paul Iacono), a late-blooming loser with an anatomical gift. The series was created by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith.
MTV made building a scripted slate a priority a year ago and recently tapped executive David Janollari to lead the efforts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10