MTV sets premiere for 'Hard Times'
Single-camera, scripted comedy to debut June 6
MTV is giving its push into scripted television a strong launch, scheduling the premiere of "The Hard Times of RJ Berger," the network's first single-camera comedy and the first scripted series order under the current revamping of the MTV brand, after the MTV Movie Awards.
"Hard Times" will debut June 6 at 11 p.m., following the award show. It will then move to its regular Monday 10 p.m. slot on June 14.
The coming-of-age comedy, which has drawn parallels to HBO's "Hung," follows the awkward life of RJ Berger (Paul Iacono), a late-blooming loser with an anatomical gift. The series was created by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith.
MTV made building a scripted slate a priority a year ago and recently tapped executive David Janollari to lead the efforts.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead