MTV taps three young writers for 'Skins'
Execs choose trio after reading 400 writing samples
MTV is firming up the writing staff for its version of the British sensation "Skins."
After reading 400 writing samples from young scribes, the network has tapped Mark Hammer, Matt Pelfrey and Monica Padrick to join the show's staff.
The network is planning the teenage drama for early next year along with the dramedy "Teen Wolf" as well as developing "The Inbetweeners," another U.K. format.
Part of the "Skins" style is using newbie writers and inexperienced actors to capture a fresh teen sensibility. Other writers for the show are forthcoming.
Pelfrey and Padrick are repped by WME; Hammer by manager Tom Drumm.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)