MTV taps three young writers for 'Skins'
Execs choose trio after reading 400 writing samples
MTV is firming up the writing staff for its version of the British sensation "Skins."
After reading 400 writing samples from young scribes, the network has tapped Mark Hammer, Matt Pelfrey and Monica Padrick to join the show's staff.
The network is planning the teenage drama for early next year along with the dramedy "Teen Wolf" as well as developing "The Inbetweeners," another U.K. format.
Part of the "Skins" style is using newbie writers and inexperienced actors to capture a fresh teen sensibility. Other writers for the show are forthcoming.
Pelfrey and Padrick are repped by WME; Hammer by manager Tom Drumm.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills