MTV 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Arrested for Domestic Violence
The 20-year-old was charged with three felonies Monday; criminal investigation was launched after an episode of the series showed her attacking her daughter's father.
Amber Portwood, one of the stars of MTV's hit Teen Mom, was arrested for domestic violence Monday in Anderson, Ind., TMZ reported.
Earlier in the day, the Madison County Prosecutor's Office charged the 20-year-old with two felony counts of domestic battery, one felony count of neglect of a dependent and one misdemeanor count of domestic battery.
The criminal charges follow an episode of Teen Mom that showed Portwood punching Gary Shirley -- father to her 2-year-old daughter, Leah -- several times, including a hit to the face and a kick in the back. She is alleged to have attacked Shirley three times between August 2009 and July 2010, TMZ reports.
Portwood reportedly was booked at the jail at 4:21 p.m. ET and was placed on a "24-hour hold," with bail set at $5,000.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack