MTV Video Music Awards: Adele, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown Set to Perform
MTV's annual event honoring music videos takes place Aug. 28.
Adele, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown will perform Aug. 28 at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. Wayne and Brown have appeared at the ceremony previously but it's the first time Adele will take the stage at the annual event, now in its 28th year.
Adele has seven nominations going into the show for "Rolling in the Deep" from her 21 album including video of the year, best female video and best pop video.
Wayne has three nominations under his belt for both "6'7'" and "Look at Me Now," his collaboration with Brown and Busta Rhymes. He's even competing against himself in the best hip hip video category for the two songs.
He said in a statement to MTV, "Being a nominee and a performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity. Looking forward to performing on the show, and having The Carter IV drop the same week!" (The Carter IV will be released Aug. 29).
Brown first appeared on the show in 2007, and says he has a "special performance" planned for his fans.
The general public can vote for select categories, including best new artist, via cell phone or at vma.mtv.com.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR