MTV Video Music Awards: Adele, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown Set to Perform
MTV's annual event honoring music videos takes place Aug. 28.
Adele, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown will perform Aug. 28 at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. Wayne and Brown have appeared at the ceremony previously but it's the first time Adele will take the stage at the annual event, now in its 28th year.
Adele has seven nominations going into the show for "Rolling in the Deep" from her 21 album including video of the year, best female video and best pop video.
Wayne has three nominations under his belt for both "6'7'" and "Look at Me Now," his collaboration with Brown and Busta Rhymes. He's even competing against himself in the best hip hip video category for the two songs.
He said in a statement to MTV, "Being a nominee and a performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity. Looking forward to performing on the show, and having The Carter IV drop the same week!" (The Carter IV will be released Aug. 29).
Brown first appeared on the show in 2007, and says he has a "special performance" planned for his fans.
The general public can vote for select categories, including best new artist, via cell phone or at vma.mtv.com.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical