Eminem Reveals Album Release Date
The rapper's "Recovery" follow-up, "MMLP2," is due out in November.
Eminem made a surprise announcement during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday with a commercial unveiling the release date of his next album.
MMLP2 will street on Nov. 5, 2013, as revealed in an ad for Beats by Dre. According to the rapper's website, the album will be preceded by a new single, "Berzerk."
The rapper has long been rumored to be staging a return to music after his last album, 2010's Recovery, won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album. Recovery debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and was certified quadruple platinum in the U.S.
The album spawned the hit singles "Love the Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna)," "No Love (feat. Lil Wayne)," "Space Bound" and "Not Afraid."
Earlier this month, Eminem's new song titled "Survival" debuted on the trailer for Call of Duty: Ghosts. During a press conference for the video game, the rapper confirmed that his new album was on the way.
MMLP2 is executive produced by Dr. Dre and Rick Rubin.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR