MTV VMAs: Kanye West to Perform 'Black Skinhead'
With the rapper's Aug. 25 bow, his seventh in a decade, he ties Madonna for most VMA performances.
Kanye West will return to the MTV Video Music Awards stage to perform "BLKKK SKKKN HEAD." It will mark the rapper's seventh time performing on the popular music-focused awards show, tying Madonna for most VMA performances.
The announcement was made from the Brooklyn Bridge, just down the road from the Barclays Center, where the 2013 VMAs will be held on Aug. 25. The only other artist confirmed to be performing on the show is Lady Gaga, who'll debut her new single, "Applause."
West's previous performances have been among the VMAs' most memorable. They include 2011's Watch the Throne collaboration "Otis," featuring Jay Z; a theatrical staging of the song “Runaway” in 2010; “Gold Digger,” featuring Jamie Foxx, in 2005; and his first-ever VMA performance, a medley of “Jesus Walks/All Falls Down/Through The Wire,” featuring Chaka Khan, in 2004.
More performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR