MTV VMAs: Kanye West to Perform 'Black Skinhead'
With the rapper's Aug. 25 bow, his seventh in a decade, he ties Madonna for most VMA performances.
Kanye West will return to the MTV Video Music Awards stage to perform "BLKKK SKKKN HEAD." It will mark the rapper's seventh time performing on the popular music-focused awards show, tying Madonna for most VMA performances.
The announcement was made from the Brooklyn Bridge, just down the road from the Barclays Center, where the 2013 VMAs will be held on Aug. 25. The only other artist confirmed to be performing on the show is Lady Gaga, who'll debut her new single, "Applause."
West's previous performances have been among the VMAs' most memorable. They include 2011's Watch the Throne collaboration "Otis," featuring Jay Z; a theatrical staging of the song “Runaway” in 2010; “Gold Digger,” featuring Jamie Foxx, in 2005; and his first-ever VMA performance, a medley of “Jesus Walks/All Falls Down/Through The Wire,” featuring Chaka Khan, in 2004.
More performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short