MTV VMAs: Pitbull to Perform; Nicki Minaj, Taylor Lautner to Present
The network also announces British pop star Jessie J as the evening’s house artist.
With the MTV Video Music Awards less than one week away, the network is gearing up by announcing several mega-stars that will appear during the show.
Cuban-American rapper Pitbull will hit the stage with Ne-Yo to perform their smash hit, “Give Me Everything,” alongside up-and-coming vocalist Nayer. The crew joins previously announced performers Adele, Bruno Mars, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Young the Giant and Lady Gaga, who will open the show.
The network also announced on Monday that it has added Nicki Minaj, Taylor Lautner, Drake, Joe Jonas, Jared Leto and JB Smoove to their list of presenters, with Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Rick Ross and Odd Future already set to hand out moonmen. Gomez will additionally serve as hostess for the VMA pre-show live from the black carpet.
“Price Tag” singer Jessie J will also be in attendance at the Nokia Theater, serving as VMA house artist for the evening. The UK native is currently slated to open for Katy Perry on the final leg of her California Dreams tour this fall.
The annual awards show will air live on MTV Sunday, Aug. 28 at 9 pm ET/PT. Fans can still vote for general VMA categories, including Best New Artist at vma.mtv.com.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game