Mumford & Sons Label Expands to London
Radio 1 producer Sam Rumney joins Glassnote Entertainment as director of UK/European Operations.
Glassnote Entertainment Group, the label that's home to Phoenix and Mumford & Sons, is expanding its operations by opening an office in London to serve as its U.K. and Europe headquarters.
Sam Rumney, producer of the highly influential Zane Lowe radio show on Radio 1, joins Glassnote as director of U.K. and European Operations, based out of the new space in the Mayfair area. Aside from booking performances and interviewing musicians for the popular BBC program, Rumney also has extensive touring experience in the U.K., producing shows with such acts as The Killers, Arcade Fire and Green Day.
Said Daniel Glass in making the announcement: "Opening our London office is a natural growth extension of our companies. Many of our artists live in the U.K. and Europe, and all of our artists love touring these markets. Sam is the perfect fit with his excellent taste in music and experience in media and retail. We look forward to adding key players to our U.K. team soon."
This week, Mumford & Sons' latest album, Babel, is No. 5 on the British charts. In the U.S., it sits at No. 25 on the Billboard 200, having sold more than two million copies.
Other artists on the Glassnote roster include The Temper Trap, Two Door Cinema Club, Childish Gambino, Oberhofer, Daughter, Robert DeLong, Little Green Cars, CHVRCHES, Jeremy Messersmith and Foy Vance, among others.
Glassnote founder Daniel Glass was named International Music Person of the Year at the 2013 Musexpo, held in Los Angeles this past May.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama