'Muppets' Press Conference Calls Out Fox Business Network for 'Communist' Comments (Video)
Kermit and Miss Piggy, aided by their puppeteers, sound off to London reporters on recent accusations the film promotes a "dangerous liberal agenda."
Nearly two months after Fox Business Network personality Eric Bolling's choice words for The Muppets went viral, the Disney characters had an opportunity to respond at a press conference.
With their puppeteers below them, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy fielded questions from London reporters ahead of the film's Feb. 17 U.K. release. And one journalist was quick to bring up Bolling's assessment that the film promoted a "dangerous liberal agenda."
"It's so dangerous," said Kermit, throwing is his puppet head back. "It's a funny thing. They were concerned about us having some prejudice against oil companies, and I can tell you that's categorically not true."
“We’re teaching our kids class warfare," Bolling said of the film's villainous big oil executive at the time of its U.S. release. "Where are we, Communist China?"
Kermit was quick to find an example of the film's apolitical stance on oil: "If we had a problem with the oil companies, why would we have spent the entire film driving around a gas-guzzling Rolls-Royce?"
STORY: Fox Business Network Calls Muppets Communist
Miss Piggy chose a less diplomatic route when chiming in on the topic. "It's almost as laughable as accusing Fox News of being news," she said to laughs and applause from from the crowd. "If they take what I say seriously, they have a real big problem."
Kermit then accurately predicted the next chapter in the oddly enduring saga. "Boy, that's going to be all over the Internet," he said.
Watch the interview below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack