'Muppets' Press Conference Calls Out Fox Business Network for 'Communist' Comments (Video)
Kermit and Miss Piggy, aided by their puppeteers, sound off to London reporters on recent accusations the film promotes a "dangerous liberal agenda."
Nearly two months after Fox Business Network personality Eric Bolling's choice words for The Muppets went viral, the Disney characters had an opportunity to respond at a press conference.
With their puppeteers below them, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy fielded questions from London reporters ahead of the film's Feb. 17 U.K. release. And one journalist was quick to bring up Bolling's assessment that the film promoted a "dangerous liberal agenda."
"It's so dangerous," said Kermit, throwing is his puppet head back. "It's a funny thing. They were concerned about us having some prejudice against oil companies, and I can tell you that's categorically not true."
“We’re teaching our kids class warfare," Bolling said of the film's villainous big oil executive at the time of its U.S. release. "Where are we, Communist China?"
Kermit was quick to find an example of the film's apolitical stance on oil: "If we had a problem with the oil companies, why would we have spent the entire film driving around a gas-guzzling Rolls-Royce?"
STORY: Fox Business Network Calls Muppets Communist
Miss Piggy chose a less diplomatic route when chiming in on the topic. "It's almost as laughable as accusing Fox News of being news," she said to laughs and applause from from the crowd. "If they take what I say seriously, they have a real big problem."
Kermit then accurately predicted the next chapter in the oddly enduring saga. "Boy, that's going to be all over the Internet," he said.
Watch the interview below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty