'The Muppets' Opening Dance Number Revealed (Video)
Jason Segel and newcomer Walter parade through the Smalltown streets a new clip from Disney.
Life’s a happy song – at least in the upcoming Muppets movie.
VIDEO: 'The Muppets' Trailer Showcases Hollywood Cameos
Disney has released the opening dance number for the James Bobin-directed film, featuring Jason Segel and a new Muppet named Walter. In the clip, Segel’s Gary and Walter wear matching get-ups as they shuffle past a long line of smiling townspeople on the streets of Smalltown, U.S.A.
VIDEO: 'The Muppets': Jason Segel, Amy Adams Search for Kermit, Miss Piggy Has a Showdown in New Clips
“I’ve got everything that I need right in front of me/ Nothing’s stopping me/ Nothing that I can’t be with you right here next to me,” the duo croons.
The film centers on the efforts of Gary, his girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) and brother Walter to save the Muppet Theater from being razed by a nefarious oilman (Chris Cooper) who wants to use the property to drill oil recently discovered there. To do so, they must reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways.
Segel co-wrote the movie with Nicholas Stoller and serves as an executive producer. The film, which marks the first Muppets feature film since 1999’s Muppets From Space, opens Nov. 23.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR