'Muppets' Movie Soundtrack Features Feist, Flight of the Conchords, Andrew Bird
Muppets characters also cover Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" on the Walt Disney Records release, out Nov. 21.
Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords has four original songs in the Disney film The Muppets, which features special appearances by Feist, Joanna Newsom and Nathan Pacheco. Walt Disney Records will release the soundtrack Nov. 21.
McKenzie has written "Life's a Happy Song," sung by Jason Segel, Amy Adams and new Muppet Walter and then as a full cast finale; "Let's Talk About Me," which Chris Cooper sings; "Man or Muppet," a duet between Segel and Walter; and "Me Party," a collaboration between Adams and Miss Piggy. McKenzie is the film's music supervisor.
Feist and Mickey Rooney add vocals to "Life's A Happy Song," Newsom is guest vocalist on Jim Henson's "The Muppet Show Theme" and Pacheco, Disney Music Group artist, appears on "Let's Talk About Me."
Jeannie Lurie, Aris Archontis and Chen Neeman wrote the film's other original track, "Pictures in My Head," which Kermit and the Muppets sing.
Muppets characters cover Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" and offer a new version of the Muppet classic "Rainbow Connection." The soundtrack also features 15 interstitials of film dialogue. Christophe Beck did the score for the film that opens Nov. 23.
In the film, Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Segel) and Gary's girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) are on vacation in Los Angeles when they discover the plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil. Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets for a telethon to raise $10 million to save the theater.
Track Listing for "The Muppets":
"The Muppet Show Theme" - The Muppets
"Life's a Happy Song" - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter
"Pictures in My Head" - Kermit and The Muppets
"Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" - Paul Simon
"Rainbow Connection" - The Moopets
"We Built This City" - Starship
"Me Party" - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy
"Let's Talk About Me" - Chris Cooper
"Man or Muppet" - Jason Segel and Walter
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - The Muppets Barbershop Quartet
"Forget You" - Camilla and The Chickens
"Rainbow Connection" - The Muppets
"The Whistling Caruso" - Andrew Bird
"Life's a Happy Song" - Finale Entire Cast
"Mahna Mahna" - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10