Music PR Executive Karen Wiessen Joins The Door
The former Island Def Jam publicist brings clients Train and Patrick Stump to the New York-based indie PR house.
Former Island Def Jam publicist Karen Wiessen has joined New York-based independent PR firm The Door, where she will help develop the company's music and entertainment division.
Founded in 2007 by veteran label PR executive Lois Najarian O'Neill and Charlie Dougiello, longtime publicist for Rachael Ray, The Door counts music artists Alicia Keys, Il Divo, Natasha Bedingfield, Sean Kingston, and J. Roddy Walston as clients along with food personalities such as Ray and Iron Chef Marc Forgione.
At IDJ, where Wiessen worked for the better part of a decade, she represented Lionel Richie, Fall Out Boy, PJ Harvey and Sum 41. She brings clients Train, Putumayo World Music, Shaggy and Patrick Stump to the Door.
Says Najarian: “Karen brings an incredible energy to The Door. I'm excited that we share an unshakeable passion for music -- even after all these years! -- and the same philosophy to produce smart, creative, modern campaigns for artists in this ever-changing media world."
The Door is also planning on expanding to Los Angeles and Chicago.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Relive The Most Memorable Musical Episodes That TV Has To Offer
- Jason Bateman Was Glad To Direct 'Bad Words' Because It's 'A Little More Challenging To Watch'
- Colbert Now Intrigued By Colorado Pot Industry Because Capitalism Trumps Having Morals
- Three Grandmas Read The Lyrics To Beyonce's 'Drunk In Love' And Can Barely Handle It