'My Awkward Sexual Adventure' to Get French Remake
Zamie Pictures also optioned the Korean-language remake rights to Sean Garrity's sex comedy co-starring Jonas Chernick, Vik Sahay and Emily Hampshire.
TORONTO – France’s Senorita Films has secured French-language remake rights to the Canadian theatrical comedy My Awkward Sexual Adventure, about a conservative accountant who hires an exotic dancer to boost his sexual skills to win back an unsatisfied ex-girlfriend.
Director Sean Garrity’s cinematic tour of strip clubs, sensual massage parlors and S&M stars Jonas Chernick, Emily Hampshire, Vik Sahay and Sarah Manninen.
Seoul-based Zamie Pictures also optioned the Korean-language remake rights for South Korea to the Canadian film from producers julijette inc. and Banana-Moon Sky Films.
Entertainment One earlier acquired the distribution rights in France to My Awkward Sexual Adventure, while Joy-N Contents will release the picture in South Korea.
Tribeca Films picked up the U.S. rights to the Canadian comedy that bowed at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
Brady Bowen of Archstone Distribution negotiated the remake option deals for the film’s producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR