My Chemical Romance Set to Release Greatest Hits Compilation
The greatest hits collection titled May Death Never Stop You, will be available from March 25.
This story first appeared at Billboard.com.
A year after its demise, My Chemical Romance will release a greatest hits compilation this March, featuring 15 hits, three demos and one previously unreleased track.
According to Radio.com, May Death Never Stop You, the band's first official release since its March 2012 breakup, will hit stores March 25. The album features some of the rock band's biggest hits, including "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)," "Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Helena."
The compilation also features three demos: "Skylines and Turnstiles," "Cubicles" and "Knives/Sorrow."
To fill out the 19-track release, the band added "Fake Your Death," described by former frontman Gerard Way as the "last MCR song" in a statement Alternative Press posted on its website.
"What was not so obvious at the time was that the song was, and would serve as, a eulogy for the band, though I should have known it from the lyrics," Way said. "I think internally I did, as I felt an odd sense of sadness and loss after hearing back the words on top of the music. I also felt a strange sense of pride in how honest it was, and could not remember a band recording a song of this nature, being so self-aware. Ending felt like something honest, and honest always feels like something new."
In addition, the band is offering a $34.99 online edition that includes a DVD of its music videos, the previously unreleased clip of "Blood," an armband and a "Thank You for the Venom" t-shirt -- the first the band ever created.
My Chemical Romance broke up in March 2012 after releasing four albums together. The band peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 with 2006's "The Black Parade" and placed six singles inside the Alternative Songs chart's top 10, including a No. 1 in "Welcome to the Black Parade."
The full tracklist of "May Death Never Stop You" can be found below.
1. "Fake Your Death"
2. "Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us"
3. "Vampires Will Never Hurt You"
5. "You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison"
6. "I’m Not Okay (I Promise)"
7. "The Ghost of You"
8. "Welcome to the Black Parade"
12. "Famous Last Words"
13. "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)"
15. "Planetary (Go!)"
16. "The Kids From Yesterday"
17. "Skylines And Turnstiles" (Demo)
18. "Knives/Sorrow" (Demo)
19. "Cubicles" (Demo)
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR