New My Chemical Romance Music Video Directed by Fan
Finding inspiration in a Youtube collage created by devotee Emily Eisemann, the band enlisted her help to film “The Kids From Yesterday.”
My Chemical Romance is set to release “The Kids From Yesterday,” the last single from 2010’s Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, the same album that contains the hit “Sing” (Glee-ified in Feb. 2011), and for the video, the band enlisted the directorial skills of one of their own fans.
Emily Eisemann, a 21-year-old from New York, had created a collage-like YouTube video called “My Chemical Romance - Celebrating 10 Years as a Band,” which singer Gerard Way and crew stumbled upon while mining for footage to use in a similar purpose. As it turned out, her independent act of adoration, which featured early interviews with the band interspersed with live gigs, summed up exactly what the guys were going for.
The new clip, which hit YouTube on Jan. 15, showcases the band’s ascent to international stardom in a timeline format -- beginning with MCR’s formative years when they traveled in a van. In an ultimate love letter to their fans, “The Kids From Yesterday” weaves backstage footage with a front-row-view of some of their biggest shows, and in a nod to Eisemann, her original video -- and story -- is also linked prominently.
Watch both versions below:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical