My Dad, Me and the Munich Massacre
CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus was 17 when he traveled to the 1972 Summer Olympics with his family, and now tells his deeply personal story about how his father, legendary ABC sportscaster Jim McKay, was called to the air when 11 Israelis were taken hostage.
In August 1972, my father took my mother, my sister and me to the Munich Olympics, basically as a vacation. I had been a gofer for ABC Sports on some events but was not actually working the Olympics and was entering my senior year [at Fairfield College Prep in Connecticut].
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR