'My Own Father Was Homeless, Too'
Brett Ratner, the director, board member of Chrysalis, an L.A. nonprofit that helps the homeless find work, photographs a few of its clients -- and writes about his firsthand experience with why it matters
Miami Beach -- that's where I grew up, in a middle-class Jewish family led by my maternal grandfather. Me, my great-grandmother -- a Holocaust survivor, who was my roommate -- my grandparents, my mom and her brother all shared a four-bedroom house.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DVDs: The Long Strange Journey Of "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman"
- Movie review: Saving Mr. Banks
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Tuesday, Dec. 10