Mychael Berg New Head of Theatrical at Germany's Splendid Film
"The Expendables 2" was a huge hit for Splendid, whose upcoming German slate includes "The Last Stand" and "I, Frankenstein."
COLOGNE, Germany - Former 20th Century Fox executive Mychael Berg has joined German independent Splendid Film as the new head of theatrical Distribution.
Berg, who spent the last 20 years as sales director for Fox in Germany, handling such tentpoles as Avatar, Titanic and the Ice Age franchise, will run Splendid's theatrical operations in German-speaking Europe and Benelux.
The high-profile appointment reflect's Splendid's big screen ambitions. A home entertainment giant, Splendid has made a major push into theatrical in the past few years - most prominently with star-packed actioners The Expendables and The Expendables 2, which together grossed around $20 million in Germany alone. Berg is familiar with Splendid's operation as Fox handles booking and billing for Splendid theatrical titles in Germany.
Some of the first films Berg will handle in his new job include Arnold Schwarzenegger-starrer The Last Stand, which bows here Jan. 31; the horror thriller I, Frankenstein featuring Aaron Eckhart and the Gerard Butler/Jessica Biel rom-com Kiss the Coach.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short