Kazakhstan's official Oscar entry lets nothing stand in the way of its patriotic purpose -- or its vast bloody battles.
A kind of Central Asian hybrid of Braveheart and 300, Kazakhstan's official entry in the foreign-language Oscar race is a sabre- rattling, chest-beating, flag-waving celebration of a mythic warrior hero from the early 18th century.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR