'MythBusters' Stars Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman Apologize for Cannonball Accident
The Discovery Channel duo visited families affected by their experiment gone astray on Wednesday.
MythBusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman visited the Northern California neighborhood that was damaged by their cannonball experiment gone wrong earlier this week.
The duo met with families in Dublin, Calif. on Wednesday, and offered to play for property damage and hotel charges incurred by the families affected.
Savage told the Los Angeles Times, "We feel really lucky and fortunate that, after a nearly perfect safety record over eight years, that this mishap didn't lead to anybody being injured.
"We're gathering all the information we can. ... Our main concern is making sure this never happens again."
Savage also wrote in a series of tweets, "It's true, a cannonball got away from a Mythbusters experiment in Dublin, CA. Nobody hurt thank goodness. Jamie and I toured the damage."
"Now it's back to SF, to meet and discuss how to keep this from ever happening again. Very intense. We're SUPER relieved no one was hurt."
The show's star also assured fans on Thursday that the program would not be cancelled because of the accident, "Tweeps: thanks SO much for all the kind support. FYI, Mythbusters has NOT be suspended/cancelled. We're still in production. Happy holidays."
Co-star Hyneman said the accident would not happen again, "Loose cannon: glad no one was hurt. Won't happen again."
Discovery Channel and Beyond Productions described the incident as such: "On Tuesday, December 6, 2011, MythBusters was filming on a closed set at the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department bomb range in Alameda County, California. During the testing, a cannonball took an unforeseen bounce from a safety berm. No injuries were reported, but damage was reported in one Dublin home and one parked car.
"Sgt. JD Nelson, Public Information Officer and bomb technician for the Alameda County Sheriff’s office, who is a regular safety explosives expert for MythBusters, was on site and all proper safety protocol was observed. Beyond Productions is currently assessing the situation and working with those whose property was affected."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR