Naked Randy Travis Arrested For Drunk Driving; Threatened to Shoot Cops (Report)
The 53-year-old country singer was allegedly in the nude when Texas troopers picked him up Tuesday night.
Randy Travis was arrested for drunk driving after crashing his car in Texas on Tuesday night, according to reports.
Troopers discovered the 53-year-old country singer with cuts, bruises and alcohol on his breath after responding to a 911 call reporting a man lying in a roadway near the town of Tioga, People magazine reports. Travis' blood was drawn under a search warrant because he declined blood and breath tests to screen for alcohol. In a mugshot, he sports a black eye and hostile expression.
In a statement, the Grayson County Sheriff's Office said: "While Travis was being transported, (he) made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
Meanwhile, TMZ is reporting that Travis had been naked at the time of his arrest.
He was in custody on a misdemeanor DWI charge as well as a felony of retaliation.
A rep for Travis did not immediately respond to THR's request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR