Nancy Dubuc and Mark Burnett to Keynote at MIPCOM
The small screen execs will give Media Mastermind addresses at the global enertainment content market in Cannes in October.
PARIS - History will meet the future of television when History and Lifetime networks’ President and General Manager Nancy Dubuc and President of One Three Media Mark Burnett deliver Media Mastermind keynote addresses at this year’s MIPCOM, organizers Reed MIDEM said on Wednesday.
Dubuc has made History a leader in its domain since she came on in 2007. The network reaches more than 300 million households in 37 languages in 150 different countries and is the top cable network in the U.S. for audiences in the 25 – 54 age category and the #1 factual brand in all key demographics.
Hit History series include Pawn Stars, Ax Men, American Pickers, Swamp People, Cajun Pawn Stars, American Restoration, Top Gear, and Emmy Award-winning special, Gettysburg.
Dubuc served as executive producer on the channel’s first scripted mini-series Hatfields & McCoys that aired in May to record-breaking ratings; History will air its first scripted series Vikings in 2013. Dubuc has also been at the forefront of Lifetime’s makeover to a premiere entertainment brand with a new look and successful shows and films like Project Runway, Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva, The Client List, Drew Peterson: Untouchable and cultural phenomenon Dance Moms.
Burnett has won four Emmy Awards and has produced more than 2,200 hours of TV programming that air regularly in more than 70 countries across the globe. His One Three Media joint venture with Hearst Corporation produces Survivor (CBS), The Voice (NBC), The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC), Shark Tank (ABC), Stars Earn Stripes (NBC) and The Job (CBS).
Burnett is also the brains behind awards show franchises including The MTV Movie Awards that he’s produced since 2007, The People's Choice Awards, The Video Game Awards (Spike) and The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards. One Three Media has also branched out into scripted series hiring longtime HBO executive Anne Thomopoulos.
Burnett is currently producing a 10 hour docu-drama series about The Bible with his wife, actress and producer Roma Downey; it's set to air on History in spring 2013. One Three Media will distribute the series for first-run international television. One Three Media and Burnett are also teaming up with James Cameron to co-create Discovery’s up-coming new series Robogeddon.
The 2012 MIPCOM market will run Oct 8 – 11 in Cannes.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!