Nancy Grace on Joining 'Dancing With the Stars': 'I Feel Like Cinderella That Got Invited to the Ball'
The outspoken Headline News host was chosen for the ABC competition's Season 13 cast alongside Ricki Lake, Kristin Cavallari and Chaz Bono.
On her self-titled Headline News show, Nancy Grace is an advocate for victims' rights and was the go-to legal analyst that many turned to during the trial of Casey Anthony.
As her new role as Dancing With the Stars contestant, Grace is taking on the underdog role of many of the people she supports on her show. She told People magazine, "I feel like Cinderella that got invited to the ball."
She admits, "I don't know how to dance. I don't know what I'm going to wear, but I know I have been invited."
Grace will be competing against a cast that includes The Hills' Kristin Cavallari, Chaz Bono, Ricki Lake, former Queer Eye for the Straight Guy co-host Carson Kressley and David Arquette.
Wilson Phillips singer Chynna Phillips, George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis and professional soccer player Hope Solo are also among her female competition. Grace told reporters after Monday's cast reveal that she was somewhat intimated by the young contestants, "Look at all the competition. They’re young, skinny, beautiful, singers, soccer players, stars — I’m a lawyer.”
She added that her biggest fear was "falling, not being able to do it."
The 13 season of Dancing With the Stars kicks off Sept. 19.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David