Nancy Grace on Joining 'Dancing With the Stars': 'I Feel Like Cinderella That Got Invited to the Ball'
The outspoken Headline News host was chosen for the ABC competition's Season 13 cast alongside Ricki Lake, Kristin Cavallari and Chaz Bono.
On her self-titled Headline News show, Nancy Grace is an advocate for victims' rights and was the go-to legal analyst that many turned to during the trial of Casey Anthony.
As her new role as Dancing With the Stars contestant, Grace is taking on the underdog role of many of the people she supports on her show. She told People magazine, "I feel like Cinderella that got invited to the ball."
She admits, "I don't know how to dance. I don't know what I'm going to wear, but I know I have been invited."
Grace will be competing against a cast that includes The Hills' Kristin Cavallari, Chaz Bono, Ricki Lake, former Queer Eye for the Straight Guy co-host Carson Kressley and David Arquette.
Wilson Phillips singer Chynna Phillips, George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis and professional soccer player Hope Solo are also among her female competition. Grace told reporters after Monday's cast reveal that she was somewhat intimated by the young contestants, "Look at all the competition. They’re young, skinny, beautiful, singers, soccer players, stars — I’m a lawyer.”
She added that her biggest fear was "falling, not being able to do it."
The 13 season of Dancing With the Stars kicks off Sept. 19.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR