Nancy Meyers Exits Untitled Royal Wedding Project at Sony
The filmmaker couldn't agree with Sony brass over who should star as the young American woman who falls for a prince.
Director Nancy Meyers has fallen off of the untitled royal wedding project at Sony.
Despite a script by red-hot writers Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (The Spectacular Now), the project had stalled in recent months over casting issues.
Meyers, who has a long history with the studio dating to the 2003 hit Something’s Gotta Give, couldn't come to a meeting of the minds with Sony brass over who should star as the young American woman who falls for a prince.
The project sold to Sony as a pitch by Weber and Neustadter. Meyers did a rewrite.
Matt Tolmach is producing, and the studio insists it is moving forward with the project while looking for a new director.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)