Nancy Meyers Sets Next Movie at Sony Pictures
The "Something's Gotta Give" director will make an untitled comedy with Matt Tolmach.
Nancy Meyers has signed a deal to direct an untitled movie for Sony Pictures.
Meyers (Something's Gotta Give) will produce the comedy project with Matt Tolmach and has rewritten a script originally penned by the (500) Days of Summer duo of Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber.
Meyers is arguably the top female director currently working in Hollywood and is known for her adult-oriented relationship comedies such as Something’s Gotta Give and The Holiday, both made for Sony, and Universal’s It’s Complicated. Her movies also are known for their immaculate Architectural Digest sense of style
According to the studio, the new project centers on an American woman whose life gets turned upside down when she begins dating a younger Brit.
The comedy will be set entirely in the U.K., and the plan is to have an all-British cast other than the female lead.
“This is the kind of movie that Nancy does better than anyone else,” Columbia Pictures president Doug Belgrad said in making the announcement.
Meyers is repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!