Nancy O'Dell Replacing Mary Hart on 'Entertainment Tonight'
Former 'Access Hollywood' co-anchor will serve as co-host alongside Mark Steines.
Former Access Hollywood co-anchor Nancy O'Dell will replace Mary Hart on Entertainment Tonight.
O'Dell will join the syndicated entertainment newsmagazine in January as a special correspondent. After Hart leaves the show next year, O'Dell will step into the role of co-host alongside Mark Steines.
"I remember watching Entertainment Tonight when it first premiered and dreaming about working for the show someday," O'Dell told People.com, which first reported the news. "I am honored to be the one chosen to fill a TV legend's seat and I hope I can do her proud!"
O'Dell was with Access for 13 years. She announced her departure from the show in December and currently serves as a contributor to NBC's Today and Dateline.
Hart announced her own exit from ET in August. She's been with the show for nearly 30 years.
"Leaving this job was not an easy decision, but knowing I will pass the baton to Nancy O'Dell makes that decision much easier," Hart told People.com. "Nancy is a talented and respected entertainment correspondent. We have spent many years working on opposite sides of the celebrity battlefield, and I know the show will flourish with Nancy as co-anchor."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR