Nancy Pelosi Eyeing Steven Spielberg's Help in Rebranding House Democrats
Speaker is reportedly meeting with marketing experts to create a stronger brand.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is reportedly looking to Steven Spielberg to help out in the political arena, as a consultant to advise on rebranding House Democrats, reports The Washington Post.
Pelosi, say lawmakers, is hoping to use the advice of PR experts to build a stronger political brand, and although Spielberg seems an unusual choice in this marketing arena, his skill at branding his own work is undisputed. Lawmakers confirmed that the Oscar-winning director has yet to meet with Pelosi, but his name was the most prominent of those the California Democrat has in mind.
No stranger to politics, Democrat Spielberg has in the past endorsed Hillary Clinton and supported President Obama's various fundraising efforts.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch The 'Veronica Mars' Movie's Opening Scene Two Weeks Before It Hits Theaters
- Oscar Nominees As You've Never Seen Them Before: In Mike Breach's Coffee Foam Art!
- George Lopez Arrested For Public Intoxication After Falling Asleep On Casino Floor
- Chris Brown Ordered To Return To Rehab For Two Months