Nanni Moretti will return to directing
Director says he won't abandon Turin festival dutiesROME -- Nanni Moretti's hiatus from directing films is coming to an end after more than two years.
The Roman auteur with five Cannes Palme d'Or nominations to his name, said last year that he would take a break from making films while he directed the Turin Film Festival.
But on Friday he told the Turin newspaper La Stampa that he was hard at work on a new film with Federica Pontremoli and Francesco Piccolo, both of whom shared co-writing credits with Moretti on his last film, "Il Caimano" (The Cayman), from 2006. He said the new project did not mean he would stop his collaboration with the Turin festival.