Nashville Makes a Play for the Grammys
As Music City scores the nominations concert and more cachet, is the big show next?
The people of Nashville have a message for the world: The Tennessee capital is nicknamed Music City, not Country Music City, for a reason. Sure, giants of twang and rhinestones are among the 1.5 million who call the area home, but so are such rock bands as Kings of Leon and The Black Keys, along with classic rockers Michael McDonald and Peter Frampton and hitmakers including Ke$ha and crossover star Taylor Swift. Now Nashville will host the Grammys' Dec. 5 nominations concert, which will air live on CBS. Could it be, after years of cowboy cliches, that the city finally has some cool cred?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR