Natalee Holloway film to be released next year
'Me & Mr. Jones' centers on journalist investigating case
The unsolved disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway from the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba in 2005 has been made into a film, with an expected release early next year.
In a case that sparked widespread media publicity in the United States, Holloway disappeared from Aruba during a high school graduation trip. Her body has never been found.
The key suspect is Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch national. He was arrested twice in the case but never charged after giving different stories about her disappearance.
Van der Sloot has since been arrested in connection with the death of business student Stephany Flores, 21, in a Lima, Peru hotel room. Police said in June that Van der Sloot had confessed to the girl's killing.
The English-language film "Me & Mr. Jones" is about an undercover journalist who breaks into Van der Sloot's home on Aruba to force a breakthrough in the Holloway case, producer and director Paul Ruven said in a statement.
International Emmy-nominated Robert de Hoog plays the role of the journalist, while Hanna Verboom plays the woman who assists him.
Ruven added the film was shot on Aruba between April and July and includes aspects of Van der Sloot's arrest over the murder of Peruvian Flores.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10