Natalie Portman on Future Career Plans: 'I'm Cooking A Child'
The actress clears schedule as she prepares for motherhood and discusses awards season hoopla.
Natalie Portman will have a banner year in 2011 with four feature films slated for release. But at a press conference Friday for her first romantic comedy No Strings Attached, the actress discussed taking a break from work and her Oscar prospects.
While the rest of the panel -- co-star Ashton Kutcher, director Ivan Reitman, and writer Liz Meriwether -- discussed upcoming films when asked about future projects they were excited about, Portman answered: "I'm cooking a child."
The actress recently got engaged to Benjamin Millepied, her choreographer for Black Swan. The two are expecting their first child later this year.
While she downplayed her Oscar prospects for Black Swan ("Even to be mentioned among these other women is a huge, huge honor and a huge compliment."), she was more candid about her favorite awards season moment so far: The Hollywood Reporter actresses roundtable.
"I think the best experience so far was a roundtable with all these actresses. It's so rare to get to sit with other actresses of all generations. People who just started out, people who've been doing it for 30 years, and hear everyone's experiences and hear what it's like for people to be mothers and actresses….it was the coolest day.
"It's the best prize if anything, just to get to hang out with these other women that I admire."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram