Natalie Portman and a Star-Studded Cast Support Jane Goodall at Disney's 'Chimpanzee' Screening (Photo)
The Disneynature documentary received a strong showing of support from preservation-conscious celebrities.
In a room filled with Oscar, Emmy and Grammy-winners, it was a 78-year old primatologist that was the center of attention. And chances are, she'd have rather been hanging out with some apes.
Jane Goodall and Disneynature held a special, star-studded screening of their new nature documentary Chimpanzee in New York City on Monday, bringing out the likes of Natalie Portman, Dave Matthews, Brooke Shields, George Stephanopoulos, Darren Aronofsky, Naomi Watts, Liev Schreiber, Frances McDormand, Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni (yes, a Law & Order: SVU reunion).
Portman has long been a top environmental advocate, a vegan who has promoted sustainable products such as clothing, lightbulbs and even engagement rings. She's also been active in the fundraising world, appearing at dinners that raise money for environmental preservation.
The film, which centers on a young chimp named Oscar, opens on April 20.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR