Natalie Portman Shopping Raunchy Comedy 'BYO'
The "Black Swan" actress' project is a female "Superbad," studio execs who have seen the screenplay say.
Natalie Portman has penned a raunchy comedy, titled BYO (aka Bring Your Own), and is shopping it to studios, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The Black Swan actress and college friend Laura Moses' project centers on two vastly different young women who throw a party where each of the female partygoers brings a bachelor along. According to the Times, the studio execs who have seen the screenplay say it's a female Superbad.
Portman would topline the project as well as produce. Studio execs tell the Times that Love and Other Drugs star Anne Hathaway may be interested in playing the other lead role. The actresses' reps could not be reached for comment.
Several studios have passed on BYO, though it could still be made through independent financing or through another studio.
If BYO goes through, this would mark Portman's first turn as a screenwriter. She currently stars in Black Swan, which closed AFI Fest on Thursday and is out in theaters Dec. 3, as a repressed veteran ballerina. (Check out Portman in THR's actresses roundtable.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR