Natalie Portman Shopping Raunchy Comedy 'BYO'
The "Black Swan" actress' project is a female "Superbad," studio execs who have seen the screenplay say.
Natalie Portman has penned a raunchy comedy, titled BYO (aka Bring Your Own), and is shopping it to studios, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The Black Swan actress and college friend Laura Moses' project centers on two vastly different young women who throw a party where each of the female partygoers brings a bachelor along. According to the Times, the studio execs who have seen the screenplay say it's a female Superbad.
Portman would topline the project as well as produce. Studio execs tell the Times that Love and Other Drugs star Anne Hathaway may be interested in playing the other lead role. The actresses' reps could not be reached for comment.
Several studios have passed on BYO, though it could still be made through independent financing or through another studio.
If BYO goes through, this would mark Portman's first turn as a screenwriter. She currently stars in Black Swan, which closed AFI Fest on Thursday and is out in theaters Dec. 3, as a repressed veteran ballerina. (Check out Portman in THR's actresses roundtable.)
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR