ABC Greenlights 'Scruples' Adaptation from Natalie Portman, Tony Krantz
The network has ordered to pilot the sexy soap, adapted from Judith Krantz's 1978 best-selling novel.
ABC is moving forward with its adaptation of Scruples, a 1978 best-selling novel by Judith Krantz.
The one-hour drama, which counts her son Tony Krantz as an executive producer, is being billed as an on-brand sexy soap set in the late 1970s. It centers on a socialite who, following the death of her husband, seeks to open a fashion forward boutique called Scruples in the heart of Beverly Hills.
Adding to the project’s allure is first-time TV producer Natalie Portman, who will serve as an executive producer with former CAA agent Krantz and Annette Savitch. Joining them as EPs as well as writers are Bob Brush (The Wonder Years) and Mel Harris.
The project, from Krantz’s Flame Ventures in association with Warner Bros. TV, had its first small screen turn as a miniseries starring Lindsay Wagner back in 1980.
Portman and Krantz are both repped by CAA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@Thr.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR