Natalie Portman: Winning an Oscar Feels 'Very Dreamlike'
But naming her unborn baby Oscar? "Definitely out of the question," the best actress winner jokes.
Natalie Portman says winning a best actress Oscar for Black Swan "feels very dreamlike. I don't really know where I am, I suppose."
But, she told reporters, she won't be naming her baby Oscar.
"I think that's probably definitely out of the question, yeah," she said while laughing.
Portman -- who declined to answer questions about John Galliano's suspension from Dior, for which she is a spokeswoman -- said she didn't "really remember anything that happened" once her name was called. But her baby was being a "little dancer."
She said she has "no idea" if motherhood will change the types of roles she takes on. "It's one of the most exciting things about being pregnant -- I am accepting the complete unknown… a complete mystery and miracle," she said.
PHOTOS: Oscars 2011 show moments
Being pregnant during awards season has been "a protection," she added, "against all the hoopla, the part that just keeps me centered [on] what actually is important in the midst of a lot of shiny stuff that is real superficial."
Portman -- who said she does not know the sex of her child -- says she's most looking forward to the end of award season so she can "[stay] in bed, and not [have] to do my hair and makeup and [keep] my sweats on… relaxing for my child to be healthy and happy…I think what every parent could only wish for."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10