Natalie Portman's Fiance Defends Her 'Black Swan' Dancing
Benjamin Millepied, a choreographer on the movie, denies accusations that the Oscar-winning actress' body double did most of the work.
Natalie Portman's fiance has come to her defense over reports that the Oscar-winning actress' body double did most of the dancing in Black Swan.
Benjamin Millepied, who met Portman while working as a choreographer on the movie, told the Los Angeles Times that reports that American Ballet Theatre dancer Sarah Lane did most of the work are untrue.
"It was so believable, it was fantastic, that beautiful movement quality, " he says of Portman's performance. "There are articles now talking about her dance double that are making it sound like [Lane] did a lot of the work, but really, she just did the footwork, and the fouettés, and one diagonal [phrase] in the studio. Honestly, 85% of that movie is Natalie."
Portman won an Oscar for her role in the Darren Aronofsky-directed movie last month. She and Millepied are engaged and expecting a baby this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR