Natalie Portman's Stylist Kate Young Designs Clothing Line
After landing her client on every best dressed list this season — and landing herself on THR's Most Powerful Stylists list — Young debuts a new knit clothing line.
Kate Young, who ranked No. 2 on THR’s 25 Most Powerful Stylists in Hollywood, is expanding her resume. She has teamed up with Lynne Hiriak, the designer behind the hip knit label Cardigan (Rachel Bilson and Rihanna are fans), to create the line Cardigan by Kate Young. It’s comprised of cozy, fashionable knits for moms and kids — including adorable merino wool onesies that will keep client Natalie Portman’s soon-to-be-born baby as stylish as mommy.
Young tells Style.com the designs are "a mix of runway favorites, like the covetable sweats from Isabel Marant and Dries Van Noten, and the pieces she’d always wanted, but never found."
Chicest of all, the baby styles aren’t traditional pastel pink for girls and blue for boys. Young (a mom of two boys) and Hiriak used a rich jewel-inspired color palette of charcoal, navy, gray and violet.
The line is now available at cardigannewyork.com.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR