'48 Hours' Natalie Wood Special Reveals Boat Captain's Untold Story (Video)
UPDATED: The upcoming special reveals that the captain heard loud arguing and a thump before the actress drowned.
CBS's 48 Hours Presents Vanity Fair: Hollywood Scandal teases a new look at the investigation in the actress's death by asking, "How did Natalie Wood, while anchored off the coast of Catalina Island, end up drowning one dark, drunken, volatile night in 1981?"
The segment is based in part on interviews with Marti Rulli and Dennis Davern, the authors of Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour, a book that alleges Wood had a fight with husband Robert Wagner before she disappeared on the night of Nov. 29, 1981.
Davern was the captain of the boat the Splendour that Wood was on that night and he reports hearing arguing and a loud thump before Wagner told him Wood was missing. Davern also claims Wagner told him not to call the Coast Guard.
The episode is scheduled to air Saturday, Nov. 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. See the preview here:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!