'48 Hours' Natalie Wood Special Reveals Boat Captain's Untold Story (Video)
UPDATED: The upcoming special reveals that the captain heard loud arguing and a thump before the actress drowned.
CBS's 48 Hours Presents Vanity Fair: Hollywood Scandal teases a new look at the investigation in the actress's death by asking, "How did Natalie Wood, while anchored off the coast of Catalina Island, end up drowning one dark, drunken, volatile night in 1981?"
The segment is based in part on interviews with Marti Rulli and Dennis Davern, the authors of Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour, a book that alleges Wood had a fight with husband Robert Wagner before she disappeared on the night of Nov. 29, 1981.
Davern was the captain of the boat the Splendour that Wood was on that night and he reports hearing arguing and a loud thump before Wagner told him Wood was missing. Davern also claims Wagner told him not to call the Coast Guard.
The episode is scheduled to air Saturday, Nov. 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. See the preview here:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress