Nathan Fillion to Play Hermes in 'Percy Jackson' Sequel (Exclusive)
Fox 2000's "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters" hits theaters in 2013.
Nathan Fillion is feeling god-like.
The star of ABC's Castle has joined on to star as Greek deity Hermes in Fox 2000's sequel Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters, based on the second book in Rick Riordan's best-selling young-adult book series.
Thor Freudenthal is directing The Olympians, which will be released in 2013 in theaters. Logan Lerman is returning in the role of demigod Percy, while Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson also are returning.
In the Percy Jackson series, Hermes is the father of antagonist Luke, who is played in the films by Jake Abel.
The first title in the franchise, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, grossed $226.5 million at the worldwide box office in 2010. Dylan Neal played the role of Hermes in Lightning Thief.
Chris Columbus, who directed Lightning Thief, is producing the Percy Jackson sequel with Karen Rosenfelt.
Primarily a television star in shows like Firefly, Fillion's film lineup includes Serenity and the acclaimed indie hits Waitress and Slither.
Fillion is repped by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR