It's Official: Nathan Lane to Star in USA Network Comedy Pilot
Cheyenne Jackson and Ken Jenkins join the half-hour comedy effort.
It's official: Nathan Lane will star in the USA Network comedy pilot from Douglas McGrath. Additionally, 30 Rock actor Cheyenne Jackson and Scrubs vet Ken Jenkins have joined the cast.
Lane, who is already serving as an executive producer on the untitled project, will topline the half-hour effort. The single-camera project centers on Jasper (Lane), an unlucky actor whose Broadway aspirations must be put on hold when his father’s health takes a turn for worse, forcing him to return to his Texas hometown.
Jackson will play Tim, a handsome doctor who befriends Jasper in his Texas hometown. Jenkins will portray Jasper’s father Burl, who lives by himself and drinks heavily as his health is fading.
Oscar nominee McGrath will write, direct and executive produce the pilot from Universal Cable Prods.
In its effort to enter the comedy space, USA will begin airing Modern Family repeats beginning in fall 2013. The McGrath project is one of two comedies the network has ordered pilots for, the other being Paging Dr. Freed.
Lane is repped by ICM and Anonymous Content, while Jackson is repped by ICM and The Schiff Company.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)