NATPE And RealScreen Conferences Clash But Cooperate
The dates overlapped for the two events which attract a similar audience. In response, they are creating a video link for this year and working on separate dates beyond 2014.
How do you turn a problem into a positive?
In the case of the NATPE/Content First market and conference and the Realscreen Summit, which attract a similar clientele and both take place Jan. 27 to 30, the answer is to work together to allow participants to function in both places.
NATPE takes place in Miami Beach and Realscreen in Washington, DC, but on Wednesday they both announced plans to provide onsite video conferencing stations so attendees of one can also tune into the other. This is designed to allow people at one conference to interact with those at the other.
“This virtual conference connection adds great value for NATPE and Realscreen Summit attendees, creating an opportunity for them to do business in two places at once,” said NATPE President & CEO Rod Perth. “While we are working closely to avoid future overlaps beyond what’s already locked in, we are committed to providing productive and convenient solutions for attendees to get the most out of their attendance at both events.”
Realscreen is a conference focused on the business of non-fiction entertainment, including non-scripted and reality series. That crosses with NATPE’s mandate to be a marketplace for all kinds of content.
“We’re aware that some people have had to split their time between Realscreen Summit and NATPE, or make the difficult choice to attend one conference in favor of the other,” said Claire Macdonald, VP & Publisher at Realscreen. “We’re hopeful that our collaboration on video conferencing with NATPE will help our delegates connect, regardless of which city they happen to be in.”
The groups are already headed for a similar collision of dates next year, but Perth has said they are working to try and avoid that clash in the years beyond 2014.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services