NATPE taps Arthur Schweitzer as consultant
Joins Gary Mitchell in reaching out to European marketplace
Arthur Schweitzer, who from 2002-09 played a key role in attracting new participants to the MIP and MIPCOM trade shows in Cannes, has been tapped as a senior consultant and liaison for the NATPE 2011 Market & Conference from Jan. 24-26 in Miami Beach.
Schweitzer joins Gary Mitchell, NATPE's London-based European business development executive, in reaching out to the Euro marketplace, NATPE president and CEO Rick Feldman said Monday.
"Arthur's perspective, insights, experience and connections will allow us to make valuable strides in attracting the important European program buyers and international decision makers to our market," Feldman said.
Schweitzer is the owner of Cinevest Interactive, a New York-based sales company for movies, reality series and multiplatform content. During his tenure at the Reed Midem-owned MIP and MIPCOM, he increased digital advertising and sponsorship sales while developing the digital media sector for technology clients. Schweitzer also spent seven years at Castle Hill Prods. as an international sales and acquisition exec.
The nonprofit NATPE org is moving its annual confab from Vegas to Miami in part to better serve its Latin American and European constituencies since the U.S. domestic syndication marketplace, whose headquarters are mostly in Los Angeles, has languished.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!