NATPE taps Arthur Schweitzer as consultant
Joins Gary Mitchell in reaching out to European marketplace
Arthur Schweitzer, who from 2002-09 played a key role in attracting new participants to the MIP and MIPCOM trade shows in Cannes, has been tapped as a senior consultant and liaison for the NATPE 2011 Market & Conference from Jan. 24-26 in Miami Beach.
Schweitzer joins Gary Mitchell, NATPE's London-based European business development executive, in reaching out to the Euro marketplace, NATPE president and CEO Rick Feldman said Monday.
"Arthur's perspective, insights, experience and connections will allow us to make valuable strides in attracting the important European program buyers and international decision makers to our market," Feldman said.
Schweitzer is the owner of Cinevest Interactive, a New York-based sales company for movies, reality series and multiplatform content. During his tenure at the Reed Midem-owned MIP and MIPCOM, he increased digital advertising and sponsorship sales while developing the digital media sector for technology clients. Schweitzer also spent seven years at Castle Hill Prods. as an international sales and acquisition exec.
The nonprofit NATPE org is moving its annual confab from Vegas to Miami in part to better serve its Latin American and European constituencies since the U.S. domestic syndication marketplace, whose headquarters are mostly in Los Angeles, has languished.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera