Baron Davis Boards Indie Thriller 'Life Tracker'
The NBA lockout may be over but veteran point guard Baron Davis is still active outside of basketball. Davis will executive produce the indie thriller Life Tracker through his production shingle Verso Entertainment.
Life Tracker tells the story of a man investigating a company that claims to be able to predict a person's future by examining their DNA. Written and directed by first timer Joe McClean, the project has a colorful backstory. McClean was initially hired to write a screenplay called Viral, but when that project failed to get off the ground he optioned his own script and turned it into Tracker.
McClean said Davis' involvement was key to finalizing the project's financing.
"There was a week or so when I honestly wasn't sure the deal was going to happen because there were a lot of lawyers asking a lot of questions," he said. "Baron called me up and told me to calm down because I had his word the deal would get done."
Davis and actress Rebecca Marshall (Saw 3D), who will star in the film and produce, boarded the project through Producer Debbie Vandermeulen. Newcomer Barry Finnegan and Matt Dallas of TV's Kyle XY round out the cast.
McClean says that given the apocalyptic overtones of the project, the film's timing is ideal.
Said McClean: "With the he Mayan calendar ending in 2012 and a world full of freak natural disasters we think it's the perfect time for us to tell this story."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)