NBA Championship: LeBron James Mocked on Twitter After Mavericks Beat Heat
Cleveland fans laugh at the former Cavalier, one-time teammate Mo Williams Tweeted, "Dallas just healed my HEART."
The Miami Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks 95 to 105 on Sunday's NBA Finals game -- and LeBron James instantly began getting mocked on Twitter, and even by a former Cleveland Cavalier teammate.
patriciahizon wrote, “@Untouchable_Ant: @patriciahizon Tha silent mode of my phone says NO RING, im thinking to change it's name to Lebron mode.”
daringantt Darin Gantt: “Hey LeBron, maybe the Almighty will make it your time when you stop playing like a pansy in the fourth quarter. Or maybe he won't.”
SimonMaloy: “Between Newt and LeBron, I think we've reached Schadenfreude critical mass.”
CeezyCeez: “LeBron cant even eat Wheaties......cuz thats a "Breakfast for Champions"......”
CraigElimeliah: “This Finals loss really drove home how bad a Decision "The Decision" really was. Lebron = 2 lost Finals opportunities. Now What? #NBAFinals”
In an interview with Reuters after the game, James said, "All the people that was rooting on me to fail...they have to wake up tomorrow & have the same life that they had before…"
Fumed GabeDeArmond on Twitter: "LeBron was right. I've got the same life I had yesterday. And I'm still glad he lost.
coreyfrey, "Lebron, you're right, I have the same life this morning and you and I still have the same # of rings! Wow! #NBAFinals"
JerodMSF: "LeBron woke up today w/ same problems he had yesterday: the same number of rings as the rest of us little people who comprise his kingdom.”
In Cleveland, the city James ditched to join all-stars Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in Miami, fans laughed at James in sports bars, Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel reports. "They weren’t hating LeBron here. They were laughing at him," Wetzel wrote.
CNN affiliate WOIO-TV wrote a one-word headline on its sports page under a photo of James holding up his Heat jersey: "LOSER!" The site's story began: "LeBron James still has no rings."
Monday morning, ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd started a contest on Twitter: " LeBron hit a road block. We're inventing a word to describe it...bizarre, scared, disappeared and LeBron. Suggestions?"
Former Cavalier, current Los Angeles Clippers guard Mo Williams even Tweeted, "Dallas just healed my HEART."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera