NBC Calls Donald Trump 'Apprentice' Salary Report 'Grossly Inaccurate'
It appears that Donald Trump is not television’s highest-paid reality star after all.
NBC is publicly disavowing a report in the New York Post that it is shelling out $160 million to Trump and co-producer Mark Burnett for another two seasons of Celebrity Apprentice.
The financial information reported today in regards to The Celebrity Apprentice is grossly inaccurate and has been significantly overstated,” the network said in a statement. “While it is our policy to keep financial information strictly confidential, neither the production costs of the show nor what Mr. Trump makes personally is in the realm of reality. Donald Trump and The Apprentice franchise remain a key part of the NBC primetime lineup and we are looking forward to another compelling cycle next season."
Trump’s camp had no comment.
The Post reported that Trump would personally pocket $65 million for producing and appearing on the show, a deal that made him “the highest-paid reality-TV star, eclipsing the American Idol judges and the Kardashian clan.”
The show’s season finale on May 22 fell 15 percent from last year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!