NBC Cancels 'Paul Reiser Show' After Two Episodes
The network will air repeats of "The Office" in its place.
After airing only two episodes, NBC has pulled The Paul Reiser Show off the air, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
The comedy premiered to 3.3 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, ranking as the network's lowest-rated in-season comedy bow ever. Its second episode didn't fare any better, collecting 2.5 million viewers and a 0.9 in the demo.
Paul Reiser said during NBCUniversal's summer press day that the network rushed the show to air.
"This was shortest ramp up in the history of television. Literally 20 days ago [NBC] said, ‘We’re putting you up,’ and we said, ‘OK, great,’ ” he told The Hollywood Reporter.
Repeats of The Office will take over at 8:30 p.m. beginning next week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR