NBC Continues Pickup Spree With Chelsea Handler Comedy, Hank Azaria's 'Free Agents,' 'Bent,' 'BFFs'; Renews 'Chuck'; Cancels 'LOLA,' 'Event,' 'Outsourced'
The comedies join "Whitney," Christina Applegate's "Up All Night" and the Steven Spielberg musical "Smash" on the schedule.
With NBC's upfront presentation set for Monday, the network's new boss Bob Greenblatt went on a buying spree aimed at reversing the network's fortunes next season. Over the course of three days, he added 11 new series -- six comedies and five dramas -- to his 2011-12 schedule.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR