NBC Digital Lays Off About 5 Percent of Its Staff
The move is an effort by digital media executive vp Rob Hayes to restructure the business.
NBC Digital has laid off just under 5 percent of its employees, insiders said Tuesday.
The layoffs are part of an effort by Rob Hayes, the recently named executive vp digital media, to "refocus and restructure" the business, one source said.
Hayes, a highly regarded former Showtime executive, was tapped in June to run NBC Digital, with one mandate being that he more closely align digital efforts with programming strategies.
"As NBC expands its digital media reach, we want to take full advantage of the synergy between programming, marketing and digital media," NBC Broadcasting chairman Ted Harbert said at the time.
NBC declined to comment on the layoffs.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)