NBC drops ax on 'Chopping Block'

Reality show pulled from sked after three episodes

NBC is pulling cooking competition series "Chopping Block" from primetime after three weeks on the air, sources said.

The network informed affiliates Thursday night that the reality series starring renowned chef Marco Pierre White will be off Wednesday nights as of next week.

"Block" will be replaced with repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." The "CI" episodes are repeats of episodes that have previously aired on NBC; the episodes that previously only aired on USA Network will still make their broadcast debut on NBC starting April 29 as originally announced.

"Block" debuted modestly March 12, then fell in the ratings with each episode. Sources said NBC plans to run off the remaining episodes at some point.
comments powered by Disqus